FREE LOCAL DELIVERY|DELIVERY TO ANY UK ADDRESS WEDS-FRI ORDER BEFORE 2PM|FREE DELIVERY ON ORDERS OVER £55

NEXT DAY DELIVERY AVAILABLE

-->

Search

Russell's Butchers

High Welfare Meat

When you buy produce from Russell’s, you can be 100% sure that the products you purchase are from farms that rear their animals to the highest welfare standards.

80% of our suppliers are free-range, this guarantees that animals are kept outdoors their entire lives, allowing for a happy, natural and healthy lifestyle. As for the other 20% these animals spend the majority of their lives outdoors and when enclosed they are have more than sufficient space to thrive. This ensures meat of the highest standard and also ensures that our meat is:

✓ Antibiotic free

✓ Free from the use of growth promoters

✓ Reared from healthy livestock

✓ Ethical, and produced with care

✓ Handled by fully-trained professionals

✓ Fresh, tasty and high quality

According to Compassion in World Farming (CWF), after conducting over 200 studies on the correlation between the welfare of animals and the nutrients in animal products.

“As the world’s leading organisation for farm animal welfare, Compassion in World Farming works to achieve a whole food system that is truly kind: kind to animals, kind to the environment and kind to consumer health.”

So what are the benefits of high welfare meat?

Lower Fat Content

By opting for higher welfare animal products rather than factory farmed ones, consumers could significantly reduce their dietary intake of fat, including saturated fat. This includes up to 50% less fat in free-range chicken and pasture-reared beef.

Higher Levels of Omega-3

High welfare meat has been found to contain more Omega-3 than factory-farmed animals. This includes up to a massive 430% higher in pasture-reared beef, 565% in free-range chicken, 170% in higher welfare eggs and 185% in pasture produced milk.

Higher Levels of Antioxidants

Antioxidants are vital to our good health, helping us fight and prevent serious diseases and illnesses. Higher levels were recorded in high welfare meat. This includes 100% more Vitamin E in free-range eggs, 200% more Vitamin E in free-range pig meat and up to 700% more beta-carotene in high welfare beef!

“The industrial farming model is unsustainable and relentless in its exploitation of animals, land, energy and water. An urgent move from intensive to higher welfare farming is required to improve animal welfare, as well as to reduce environmental pollution and waste. Higher welfare farming produces healthier meat, eggs and milk than similar products from factory farms. Switching from factory farmed animal products to higher welfare meats, eggs and milk could contribute to improved consumer health, especially if consumed in moderation within a balanced diet, rich in fruit and vegetables.

X