Alfresco BBQ Beef Kebabs
These beef topside, rump or sirloin kebabs marinated in yogurt, garlic and lemon are ideal for informal outdoor BBQ dining.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
- 675g/1½lb lean sirloin, rump or topside steaks, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes
- 100ml/4floz Greek yogurt
- 10ml/2tsp ground turmeric
- 5ml/1tsp English mustard powder or cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 10-12 small cherry tomatoes
- Freshly chopped chives, to garnish
- In a large shallow bowl mix together the yogurt, turmeric, cayenne or mustard, seasoning, garlic and lemon zest. Coat the beef in the marinade on both sides. Cover and chill for up to 1 hour.
- Thread the beef with the cherry tomatoes onto 6 short metal or wooden skewers (previously soaked in water for 20 minutes).
- Cook the kebabs under a preheated moderate grill or on a prepared barbecue to your preferred cooking time.
- Transfer the kebabs onto a warm plate, sprinkle over the freshly chopped chives and serve immediately with a crisp salad.